It is vital for all companies to have a unique backup system. AWS Backup Storage offers a range of backup and restores solutions that will fit any company’s data storage and regulatory requirements. The backup strategy you follow depends on the kind of data you have, your IT setup and industry needs. Using a one-size-fits-all approach to data storage and backup will have expensive consequences and could result in unsuccessful backups and data loss.
Best practice AWS backup Strategy
- Moving your onsite backup server to AWS will protect it from a potential on-premises catastrophe or accident, as well as improve accessibility and availability.
- Using Amazon Glacier will allow you to create several media servers on AWS. That will allow you to save money on online transfers and boost backup and recovery performance.
- It is advisable to archive your data to ensure that all copies are available until the retention deadline expires.
- Amazon Glacier allows you to archive your data at low cost, no capacity limits and at high availability. Amazon Glacier Vault Lock gives you the opportunity to enforce our compliance controls.
- Amazon S3 Standard is good for archiving data you do not need to access frequently.
Creating an AWS backup policy
To ensure that your data remain safe and secure on the AWS resources, here is a list of best practices.
- Be sure to use identity federation, IAM (Identity and Access Management) users to manage access. Set up credential management policies to allow authorized personnel to create, distribute, rotate and revoke AWS access credentials.
- Set up restricted access for your security group.
- Set up regular intervals to patch, update and secure the operating system and applications you use.
- Be sure to updates your access policies every 6 months or when there are platform upgrades. This will ensure that you are up to date and your data will remain secure.
Best practices for AWS backup storage
- Always ensure that anyone with access understands the repercussions of the root device type for data backup and recovery.
- Be sure to use separate Amazon EBS capacities for the operating system over your data. It is important that the volume, combine with your data continues after an instance termination.
Backup and recovery AWS backup storagepromises to deliver secure, scalable and durable data storage for businesses. This will ensure that businesses maintain efficiency and continuity when unforeseeable events prevent regular business processes to take place on the company premises.
The AWS system is safe and secure,however, it still needs you to follow some best practice principle within your business to ensure that your data remain safe and secure. By following the tips mentioned above, is important for uncorrupted cloud storage.